With a puppy in your household, a new routine will be added to your lifestyle. No, we are not referring to caring and feeding though those are equally essential. What we mean requires restraint and is less tame in comparison – walking and outdoor exercise. Hopefully, these two activities are no strangers to your world because walks and dogs are almost synonymous.
To ensure the safety of your pet dog when you are both outdoors getting exercise, appreciating nature, you will need a collar and a leash. They are valuable tools serving several purposes. Three of the most important being the ability to restrain your puppy, keeping your puppy out of trouble, and providing identification for it if it goes missing.
When buying an item, you consider several factors before settling on the best option for you. The process is no different when selecting a puppy collar. Comfort, security, and durability are perhaps three of the biggest things you need to consider when buying a collar for your dog.
The collar should be comfortable. Not too loose or too tight either. While it should fit around your puppy’s neck snugly, at least allow enough space for two fingers to slide in between your puppy’s neck and the collar. Choose one that is right for the size of your puppy. Remember wearing a collar is a new experience for your puppy. To get him accustomed to it and keep it on for longer, it should be a comfortable fit from the get-go.
As per its durability, ensure that the puppy collar is made of premium materials with excellent stitching and finishing guaranteed to outlast your puppy’s first month of outdoor walking activity.
Finally, the puppy collar must be secure. It should come with a dependable and stable fastening system that can buckle securely without the risk of opening suddenly.
For your puppy’s leash, you want to think first about the size. A lot of leashes are available in varying lengths and breadths. So make sure that you find the right one that is most suitable for your puppy. If he is a small, dainty creature, then the shorter and less thick your leash needs to be. The opposite will be the case for a large puppy. The length of your chosen leash also determines how wide and far your puppy can roam. The length or lack thereof of your leash will depend on if your puppy is in the early stages of training or not.
The sturdiness of your leash is another vital aspect. Does your puppy chew everything in sight? Then it would be best if you had a puppy leash that is thick and made from tough nylon on metal material. It is regarded as the best chew-proof dog leash. A sturdy leash also means longevity and durability. It is tough enough to restrain your puppy and last for longer as your puppy becomes bigger.
Are we right to assume that you probably think this is a lot to take in for just a puppy collar and leash at this point in time?
Good news. We are here to help.
Below is a list of the best collars and leashes for puppies such as yours. We hope it narrows down your choices and gives you a needed breather and ideas of suitable items for your pet dog.
- Amazon’s choice for standard dog collars by Blueberry
- The regular size of the collar is X-small; perfect for puppies like yours
- Made from high-density webbing of nylon fabric
- Available in more than 20 eye-catching colors
- Eco-friendly plastic buckles
- Chrome-coated metal D ring adds to its durability
- The fastening system is sturdy and strong and makes for easy adjustment
- A popular choice in puppy collar going by its high five-star ratings of 82%
- An excellent option to flat collar types for dogs breeds with long hair, if your puppy ranks among them
- Unique round shape to prevent dog’s fur from twisting and matting
- Fashioned from handmade leather, which is genuine and soft
- Style, comfort, and quality all rolled in one round dog collar
- Can fit a dog’s neck circumference of ‘6’; designed with a puppy in mind
- Selection of collars is available 13 color options
- A life-saver for your dog during night-time walks because the bright collar will make him visible and safe.
- A fully adjustable collar that is comfortable and user-friendly
- With a click, you can change the light to any of the available options- slow flashing, steady mode, or rapid flashing
- It comes with a rechargeable USB battery
- Can give up to five hours of light, lasting many hours of outdoor fun and exercise
- It is well-constructed, built sturdily to withstand your dog’s incessant pulls on it, and with a durable design to last a lifetime.
- An array of sizes are from extra small to extra large
- Lifetime guarantee
When technology meets dog collars, there are fewer missing dogs.
- Dog collar with GPS tracker keeps your pet safe, alive and healthy
- Linked to Google Maps to track your dog through a mobile application which you can operate once downloaded onto your phone
- Capable of tracking the history of your dog’s movements, frequent locations and all
- Technology also features other functions like sleep mode, geo-fence, and low battery alarm
- Come with a neckband that is adjustable and lightweight, comfortable for your pet dog
Best Leashes for Puppies
- The leash is traditional style.
- Durable and strong
- Bolt snap is easy to use and makes securing it to your puppy’s collar or harness a breeze.
- Amazon’s choice for standard dog leashes
- Available in numerous colors, widths, and lengths
- Five-star reviews on Amazon are 78%, clearly a dog leash with high ratings and popularity
- Pairs easily with various training aids; perfect for puppies
- Dog leash with a retractable function
- The braking system, which is innovative and can be used one-handed
- Comfortable, ergonomic yet secure and soft grip for both large and small hands
- Allows space for your dog’s instinctive movements without restricting its secure control
- Available in a range of sizing alternatives from 10 to 26 ft
- Also available in four colors– pink, green, grey, and blue
- For the puppy already chewing his way through everything, this is a terrific buy.
- Neoprene handle is plushly padded for comfort and provides
- It keeps you and your puppy visible and safe during late-night walks with its luminous reflective threading
- Measures 6ft long, 3mm thick, and an inch wide on a strip of nylon tightly webbed
- Almost two times stronger and thicker than typical dog leashes, displaying durability and maximum toughness
- It has a water-resistant, lightweight nylon style that is made to last
- Two-inches, heavy-duty clip, and D-ring, which you can use to store your puppy’s training aids or poop bags
- Can work seamlessly with any of your existing puppy’s harness or collar
- Perfect for walking more than one dog at once
- First dual dog leash on the market.
- Both leashes have reflective stitching that is luminous; great for safety and visibility during night-time walks.
- The padded handle is soft, adjustable, and prevents your hands from burning
- Bungee design is unique and features a shock-absorbing function against abrupt movements when walking boisterous and vigorous dogs
- Bungee length allows your dogs to roam and run ahead or stay beside you because it extends from 23 to 35 inches
- Tangle-free, no twisting leashes between the dogs
- Comfortable yet heavy-duty enough to resist about a hundred pounds worth of pulling
- Ensures a whole new, exciting experience in outdoor exercise with your dog, be it walking, hiking, or running
- Gives you total control of your dog without having to use your hands
- Allows you to have complete control of your pet while your hands are free!
- Made with strong, quality material that is weather-resistant, long-lasting, and durable
- Can hold its own against the most playful, most vigorous dogs
- Comfortable waistband which is also adjustable and can fit around a waist size of 48 inches
- Reflective stitching running the leash length helps to improve visibility at night for your safety and your dog’s
- The grip handle is easy if you want more control while exercising with your pet